Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strength and Dreams

Hello, dear friends. It's been a long hard month. I miss you. Glad to see you again :)

Nah, what are you doing with your life? From scale 1-10, how happy are you?
This past month, I've been learning about leadership in Community of Leaders (CoL) class by JPCC. And there was a chapter about Strength. I was told to write a Strength Diary. It was full of statement "I love it when..." and I needed to write them everyday about what makes me happy the most. After 2 weeks, together with the facilitator we're looking for the pattern. That's the strength.

Let me make it clear. What is strength? Strength is any activities that makes you feel strong and happy. The oppposite of weakness. Weakness is any activities that makes you feel tired and unhappy. Strength is not simply what you're good at. Because sometimes, being good at something doesn't mean that you enjoy it. Am i right?


According to statistic, only 2 out of 10 people living their dreams. Living at their strength.
My strength statement says: "I love it when i get to dress people up and make them feel happy and pretty". You know, I'm a marketing communication student. Yet i want to work in fashion. Communication major people are required to look good, but they are not equipped to work in fashion industry.

I wanted to graduate from uni so much and living my dream soon. After watching finale of Glee season 3, I realize that the path to reach your dream is not that easy. Shit happens and sometimes things don't go as planned. I even afraid of graduating. What if I don't get a job in fashion industry? What if I spend the rest of my life working as boring marketing people? And many more what ifs.

So, will I be a stylist someday? I don't know, but I promise myself to work hard on it. I hope you guys can find your strength too and living a good life out of it. Just don't be pessimistic. Nothing is too late. There is no comfort in growth zone, and there is no growth in comfort zone.
Think again: What are you doing with your life?

No comments :

Post a Comment